Sunday, July 31, 2011

The definitive travel guide to Hong Kong (part 4)

This is a continuation of things to do in Hong Kong if you're making a trip there. From my other posts, you would have already been introduced to the places that I'll go to for shopping and dining.

This year, I went to Hong Kong from 13 to 17 July and the timing was pretty good, considering that its just 2 weeks into the annual summer sale.


We had a meal at Tasty Congee and it was quite good.  Someone paid for this meal, so I'm not sure how much the food here costs. But I'd say that this is a good place to have a meal if you're in IFC.  

Tai Cheong Bakery

This is the look of the shop front, which was recently renovated.
The well reknowned bakery on Hong Kong island.  I read up a little about this place because I was curious as to why this place is popular. So it seems that the previous Hong Kong governor Chris Pattern liked the egg tarts here and had a habit of having an egg tart for breakfast. Well, what would a foreigner know about egg tarts right? Same thought I had too.. but I decided to try it out anyway...



So how did the egg tarts taste?  Yummy!  Though I still prefer the Tong Heng egg tarts that's sold in Singapore's Chinatown area, this is pretty good.  One thing I'll say is you have to eat this while its fresh.  I had ever tried this before when a colleague brought one back to Singapore and it was not quite what I tasted when I ate it fresh.

Other than the egg tarts, we also bought the chicken tart and char siew tart.
Char Siew tart/pie

Chicken tart/pie

No comments:

Post a Comment